Below is the rundown of the 2013 Santee’s Favorites and Community Awards announced during Awards Night Annual Dinner at Barona Resort and Casino. Congratulations to you all! We received more than 20,000 votes this year and would like to thank everybody in the community for voting for their favorite businesses.
2013 Santee’s Favorites
1. Arts and Entertainment Company – Off Broadway Live
2. Automotive & Recreational Vehicles Company - Lloyd’s Collision Center Inc.
3. Bank and Credit Union - San Diego County Credit Union
4. Brewery - Oggi’s Pizza & Brewery
5. Casino - Barona Resort & Casino
6. Construction or Contracting Company - McWire Electric
7. Financial Company - Piña Business Services
8. General Services Company - Santee Patch
9. Health and Beauty - Hot Rodz & Betties Hair Garage
10. Manufacturing Company - Scantibodies Laboratory Inc.
11. Medical Services - Sharp Grossmont Hospital
12. Non-Profit Organization - Santee Lakes Foundation
13. Large Non-Profit Organization - Boys and Girls Club of East County
14. Professional Services Company - Pure Flo Refreshing Drinking Water
15. Recreation Company - Santee Lakes Recreation Preserve
16. Restaurant – Full Service - Oggi’s Pizza and Brewing Company
17. Restaurant – Quick Service – Chick-fil-A of Santee
18. Retail Store - Costco Wholesale
19. Specialty Food Company - The Coffee Corner
20. Utilities Company – Padre Dam
2013 Community Awards
The chairman of Federal Communications Commission, Tom Wheeler, unveiled a plan to re-institute net neutrality, the concept that Internet service providers can’t favor one website’s traffic over another. Rather than appeal a recent court decision that struck down net neutrality and could change the Internet as we know it, Wheeler is instead attempting to write new rules to fortify the open Internet.
There’s a lot at stake. Here’s a breakdown of how Wheeler’s proposal will affect your Internet.
If Wheeler has his way, the Internet would remain neutral as it always has been, meaning ISPs like Verizon and Comcast can’t favor data, and all websites’ content must be delivered to customers at the same speed.
Because of net neutrality, the picture you take of your cat travels through cyberspace onto screens at the same rate as President Obama’s State of the Union.
A common example of what might happen without net neutrality is that a company like Verizon could force a website like Netflix to pay fees to transfer all the data it sends to customers. (And trust us, that’s a lot of data.) While an established company like Netflix may be willing and able to pay, startups might not have those resources. If one of those new companies has a life-changing idea, it might not reach its audience efficiently.
Writer’s block—it happens to the best of us, especially when we’re producing content on a weekly basis. Below, you will find a list of 20 blog ideas that can work for any nonprofit or association. Take a look and get inspired!
1) Promote an upcoming event– In addition to providing all of the basic details (date, time, location, etc.), be sure to highlight the most exciting aspect of the event (a high profile speaker, a musical performance, a raffle giveaway, etc.).
2) Recap a speaking event– Share important takeaways, or post the full video and transcript. (Note: Including the transcript is important, because search engines can’t tell what your blog post is about if it only contains a video.)
3) Promote members– Introduce your newest members or share a member’s success story.
4) Announce your fundraising/advocacy goals– Write about how much money you hope to raise and what your organization will do with the money.
5) Give fundraiser updates– Not only will this keep your supporters informed on the status of the fundraiser, but it will also serve as a reminder to those who haven’t yet made their donation.
6) Recognize donors…
By Jeff Kline, read the entire article here.
Our member Reputation Impression is organizing a great free luncheon on the Benefits of utilizing Social Media and managing your Online Reputation on March 20. It is a great opportunity for Small Business owners to learn how to make the most of these new communication tools. Register Here.
When: Thursday March 20th from 11:00am – 1:00pm
Where: La Costa Resort & Spa; 2100 Costa Del Mar Road; Carlsbad, CA 92009 (directions)